Another woman that was injured in the Ungheni traffic accident that happened on August 9, died in the hospital on Thursday, August 16. Thus, the accident’s death toll rises to 13 people.
Ungheni District Hospital director Lidia Craciun told Info-Prim Neo that the woman had been transferred to the National Medical Emergencies Center in Chisinau, to the reanimation section. Another 27 people, who were injured in crash, remain hospitalized in Ungheni.
Sources from the Morenii Noi Mayor’s Office, the home village of the crash’s victims, told Info-Prim Neo that the woman was a grade school teacher, and this year she was supposed to take a new class under her supervision. She was 42 years old, and left four children behind, of which two are underage. She had recently become a grandmother. Her son was with her on the “death bus”. He is still hospitalized.
The accident happened on Thursday, August 9, near Moreni (Ungheni district). The Mercedes-Benz bus, which was serving the Morenii Noi – Ungheni route, did not enter a curve correctly, thus drifting off the highway and into a ravine. Experts from the Ministry of Interior have determined that the bus had a defect front right brake. The driver also died in the crash.